Aaron Begley has 18 years experience in manufacturing and marketing products made from industrial ceramics and composite materials for the offshore energy industry.
Prior to his current role as Chief Executive Officer, Aaron held various positions within Matrix Composites & Engineering since starting with the company in 1993, including Managing Director and Marketing Manager. Throughout his tenure, Aaron has taken the company from a local heavy engineering firm to a global market leader in the manufacture of subsea buoyancy.
- Post Graduate Diploma of Management, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, 2002
- Bachelor of Economics, University of Western Australia, Perth, 1993
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Society of Underwater Technology (SUT)
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- International Association of Drilling Contractors
- Young Presidents Organisation
Liz Hodgson has a decade of experience in various industries including construction, manufacturing and training.
Liz is a true generalist and has a hands-on approach in leading HR initiatives including policy design, compensation, performance management, recruitment and selection, compliance reporting, workforce development and employee benefits. She is also experienced in implementing productivity-inducing practices.
Prior to Liz’s current role as HR Manager at Matrix, Liz worked both locally and internationally in an HR Management capacity, providing strategic advice to senior leaders.
- Bachelor of Social Science – Organisational Psychology and Industrial Sociology, Rhodes University, 2006.
- Australian Human Resource Institute Certified Professional (CAHRI)
Peter Pezet has a degree in Mechanical Engineering and over 20 years' experience in product design, manufacturing process design and project management. For the last 12 years he has specialised in composites and their application in harsh marine environments.
Prior to Peter's current role as General Manager - Engineering at Matrix, Peter worked in the USA, UK and Holland in Design and Engineering Management roles. Leading a number of multi-national and multi-disciplined design teams, Peter worked on an array of high profile, lightweight composite and alloy structures.
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, University of Queensland, Brisbane, 1992.
Adam Santa Maria is a practising lawyer having advised many of Australia’s leading corporations for in excess of 15 years. Adam has been involved in advising the Matrix Group since before its IPO and has assisted with the execution of a number of Matrix’s transactions prior to his commencement. Adam is responsible for the management of the Group’s corporate governance obligations and its legal function.
Prior to joining Matrix, Adam was in private practice at a tier one international law firm before establishing the legal function at Argonaut Capital Limited as its Principal Legal Counsel and also manager of its Equity Capital Markets Group.
- Master of Applied Finance
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
- Bachelor of Commerce
Brendan Cocks has over 20 years' experience across a broad range of industries including manufacturing, resources, engineering services, retail and consumer goods.
Brendan has spent the last 10 years as CFO of ASX listed Companies including Matrix, Kresta Holdings Ltd, LogiCamms Ltd and Dampier Gold Ltd. Prior to this Brendan spent eight years in senior commercial finance roles with Lion Nathan.
A Chartered Accountant, Brendan qualified working for KPMG for four years.
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Western Australia, Perth, 1994
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
Ian Phillips has over 20 years' experience in manufacturing, operations, project and program management. Ian has worked in the US and UK with a proven track record across various industries including power generation, precision engineering, defence, mining, and oil and gas.
Prior to joining Matrix, Ian spent 4 years executing projects to manufacture military aircrafts - Joint Strike Fighter (F35) and Eurofighter.
- APMP Project Management, Princess Risborough, UK 2010
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) University of Central Lancashire, UK 2006
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, University of Northumbria, UK. 1999
Robbie Stewart has a Mechanical Engineering degree and over 20 years of experience across a broad range of industries including extensive expertise in high volume, lean manufacturing environments.
He has worked both domestically and internationally across a range of engineering positions from production and process to product design and innovation.
Robbie’s managerial experience includes Quality Control, Assets and Facilities, Continuous Improvement and now QHSE.
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Honours) University of Tasmania 1996